Sunday, March 27, 2011

The magic fingers have done it again.

Hair update!!!! YAY!! Celeste put her fingas in this yet AGAIN!! Her mamma colored me up, got me back to blonde.


YES! I feel back to normal. Would you believe I was born naturally blonde with a patch of red... Which definitely alludes to many aspects of my inherent nature of naturality. Lol. A tangent is soon to follow in t-minus 3, 2, 1.






My family history dates back to Ireland, hence an explanation of a patch of red hair. I'm predisposed to ditzy-esque behavior, as directly related to blonde... But with the red, thank God; I have a deep seated root of intelligence, albeit overshadowed by the blonde becky moments.

Okay, and now! Back to our regularly scheduled program. Celeste. Blonde. Natural. Curls!

Last night after I washed with the neutralizing shampoo, I used some horrible macadamia oil and argan oil that immediately began to crunch my hair and dry it out. YUK! I immediately washed that junk out with my black shampoo and used some of the conditioner that came with the color- yes i went chemical on my curls... I know I know! but, after i rinsed out the conditioner, I put some regular old every day run of the mill extra virgin olive oil and let it air dry. Soft & moist just like we like it!

I got home, tied it up with a bonnet, but by this morning it had dried out- damn that chemical color (and to get the front blonde, we bleached it, so you already know it's struggling for air, for moisture, barely strong as is). I used my shea butter mix with the whipped coconut oil I got the other day. The softness lasted a little bit, but by mid day the crunch came back- OMG! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well because of the sponge-like consistency in my hair, to keep my curls in good condition, Celeste used some of my home made liquid curl moisture mix in keeping my hair moist. NO MORE CRUNCHY COLORED CURLS!!!

rose water/ glycerin
olive oil/ clove oil
tea tree oil
mist bodifier
shea butter
avocado oil

shake it up, make sure everything is mixed, and you're good to go. spray until wet, do whatchu gotta do.


Initial pictures are here, more to come. Sort of a before/ after...






Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment