Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Liberated! ... or not






Press play... just sit back, relax, and read.













I'm single.







I'm single, unhappily single. Tired of being single, and I'm single with no end of my singlehood in sight. With that being said, I'm human. And, as I'm typing this, it feels as though I'm in route to go into a justification about some things, which is not what this post is about.

(Disclosure: I’m watching Master Chef, and highly distracted). …

Okay, back on track...  for now... I think about sex all the time. Food, music, sex. After last year's break up with my boyfriend, I took a hiatus from men, from relationships, even some friendships, and most definitely from sex. My hiatus took me through, and I realized, I wanted someone to cuddle with, so I allowed myself some freedoms as far as sharing myself was concerned. Friendships came back, some new ones were made. I started getting out, enjoying my life, and actually tapped back into dating. Dating sucks. I kept encountering men who were only interested in screwing, simply okay with leaving a woman with nothing to show for it. I wanted more, I wanted to cuddle and snuggle, and talk and eat food together, and share space outside of a bedroom or house for that matter! I took that experience, learned from the dudes who were out here sharing dick and balls with no strings attached, and tapped into the chick I used to be and decided to have some fun.

So, as you’re reading, you’re probably trying to figure out what am I trying to say? I know I dam sure was. (*big innocent grin*) I’m still watching TV, partially (fuck it, seriously) distracted, and don’t know where in the hell my ADHD is sending me to write this frackin post.

I’m trying to say:
1. I’m confused. Sex, with no strings attached, what does that look like?
2. What exactly is liberated sex for the modern single woman?



(My shows are over, and my meds have kicked in, making for an interesting and what's going to obviously be a long night)



We make a point to choose to open our legs, but what keeps them opening? Is it really the sex? Is it that the pillow talk thereafter is great conversation? Or do we keep the “liberation” going because the idea of something more occurring post coitus?


Just thinking about the SATC girls, and all those ladies were sexually liberated in their own way. I, like every other girl in the world, have a mix of all 4 in them. Carrie and Sam are in a fight right now. Charlotte is throwing a hissy fit on side of them, and Miranda is just watching from the sideline, typing this post. LOL. I’m so lost in the sauce right now, on what appears to be a break (which according to a tweet from earlier today is just a slow road to a breakup) but despite the understood  and accepted  terms of no strings, none at all, no obligations whatsoever, the Charlotte girly girl in me that's growing feelings like a plant grows roots is getting more and more uneasy. Carrie and Charlotte are locking arms, and Sam is losing any argument at this point. And overall I'm wondering, can women really have successful relationships with no strings attached?

We're sexually liberated enough to have no frills fun, but aren't the frills what make relationships fun? I don’t know many Mirandas or Samanthas in my life who are hesitant to have an emotional aspect of relationship, irregardless of the sexual component. I know y’all exist, but y’all ladies are few and far between. And, really, is that liberation, or avoidance? I’m not sure, but I do know that at the end of the day, or night, or whenever you get it in, to be happy with my status of womanhood, I need a relationship and all that it entails. But, playing this suck ass waiting game for Mr. Right, or that boyfriend material man is pissing me off, and until it’s over, a girl’s got needs, so marching on boppin my head to the off beat of women’s lib *rolls eyes and signs off*


*once again, thanks to Saadi Khali for the photos*

No comments:

Post a Comment