Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Product Review: One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner

If you've been keeping up on FB and Twitter, you'll know I just colored my hair, and of course I went blonde... this time BLONDER. Even before coloring my hair, it was super dry. I hadn't slept on my satin pillow case in several nights, and my hair had rubbed against pillows and sofas, and all of that had sucked every bit of moisture & life out of my hair.

So, after Lisa put the color in and bleached it, I decided to try this Argon oil conditioner Sally's had on sale for .99 cents. Last week when I got my crackle polish it was $2.29. Of course I snatched it up! I checked out the ingredients, and was about to leave it right in the store when I saw alcohol, but I also saw glycerin, and changed my mind.

Here is a listing of the active ingredients.
Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Isododecane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Benzophenone-4, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butlylcarbamate, Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

I was initially going to purchase two packets, but figured it wouldn't work. I was wrong. I'm going back before the sale and getting more. One packet is good for one application, even on super thick and long hair.
the larger bottle goes for $9.00 at Sally's

Upon first opening the packet, the smell took me away. I was in olfactory heaven! Hallelujah it smelled great!! I was intending on rinsing it out, but really didn't feel the need to. I've kept it in my hair since Monday, and each day my hair is getting softer and softer. So, even though there is alcohol in the product, the glycerin is really an active ingredient (I'm imagining it's the glycerin that's making my hair soft because it does this when I use it by itself).

Prior to the coloring, my curls were off, they weren't coiling or curling like I liked them to anymore and they really had lost a majority of the shape they once had. The coils have definitely reshaped and my hair is wonderful to touch.

Even by leaving this in, my hair is soft, and I can feel the moisture. It does not rub off and leave a greasy residue on my hands. The smell rubs off though, but it's such a great smell, I wish they had a sheet scent to spray my bed with it. Right now, it's like my hair has it's own body fragrance. Day 3, and it's still a fresh scent.

Some conditioners that I have previously used as leave ins would make my hair crunchy. This conditioner does not do that AT ALL. There is no dry spot, no crunch, or anything that would indicate any drying agent at all.

I'm definitely recommending this one. Price, smell, and moisturizing agent. An all around win!

Check out the pictures below of my hair with the conditioner in.








No comments:

Post a Comment