Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kinky Saturday

Whilst I should be outside enjoying the beautiful sun, I think the week has drained me, and I'm conserving some energy so I can bust a few top scores later tonight on that Michael Jackson Wii. A few hearts will get broken, cause I ain't no punk when it comes to the moves on the machine. LOL!!!

Oh crud, and I haven't eaten today. I haven't eaten really much this week at all, so I guess that would make for a weaker chica.

ANYWAY, let me get to the post. I hate washing my hair, honestly, because it is so thick and because I don't know how to do something super quick. I'd rather not sit 6 hours every Sunday twisting out my hair, and have yet to figure out how to corn row. Right now, I want my curls flat twisted in some slightly thick two strands twists. BUT I finally broke myself down and on Monday I washed my hair with my normal regiment, co-washing, and finally making my bentonite hair mask. That results were amazing!!!! That  left my hair feeling better after washing than it had in years! (Curl Update)

Then I moisturized thanks to my twitter friends @werockroots (LINK), using Rosemary oil and Coconut Oil. I used the Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier with my clove and olive oil along side some tea tree oil the next day and to my ends used my normal shea butter blend. I had happy hair this week! By Wednesday, I twisted my bangs and had some late night fun with my camera and curls. Friday, I rocked it out in a kind of fro hawk with a bang twist out.


Once again thanks to the trending topic this past Sunday, some real good natural hair convos came about. Since in the morning, I don't have all the luxurious time to sit in the mirror to get a style perfected, I need something I can do on my own in about 10-12 minutes or less. I got a great tutorial from Jamila (LINK)
 and talked with my girl L over at Natural Review By L (LINK) about some quick, post wash get me through the week styles. Then on Houston Girls with Curls FB page (LINK), my girl Fe shared some transition options that work for almost every naturalista.

As it stands now, we made through the week, my curls and I. Moist, and still in love with each other. Now, I have to find a style to get me through this week, and it just dawned on me, Valentine's Day. I got my products, my guides, and girlfriends. LOL. Here we go.

Thanks for keeping up with me this far, suggestions, want to be featured, questions, anything- you can go to the contact me link at the top of the page, also find me on twitter @anomelodious (LINK). Happy Hair everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment