Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TRANSITION FEATURE: FELICIA

1. What's your name and where ya from? Felicia (residing in Houston, Texas)

2. So tell us what gets your natural boppin, what are you currently rockin out to? My hair loves water and it seems like most curl defining products bring out my waves, curls, and shine. Eco-Styler gel, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus, and Jane Carter Solutions.

3. When did you start transitioning and why did you decide to return to your natural hair? I began transitioning in May 2010. It took me a couple of years to decide to go natural. I was a little nervous about it but I wanted to experience my hair in its natural state and I believed it would be healthier.

4. What did your friends, family, co-workers say? I talked about it so much before I even began transitioning that they didn’t have anything to say. Lol I was doing all the talking.

5. Have you found your transition easy or relatively difficult to adjust to? The first few months were a bit difficult because I wasn’t sure how to style my hair but I did a lot of research on products and styles and eventually settled into working with the two textures.

6. Share your motivation or inspiration for your hair. For kicks, tell us where you see your natural hair in 2 years! My motivation is healthy hair. My inspiration comes from watching all the other ladies who are fully natural. It’s a beautiful thing to see. In 2 years I expect to have a full head of natural kinks, coils, and curls.

7. What questions, concerns, issues, or needs do you have in regards to your hair right now? I’m getting closer to my big chop date and I’m pretty tired of wearing my hair in a bun so I’m going to get twists for a couple of months so that I’m not tempted to big chop sooner than I planned.

8. What have been your "live by" natural hair tips and tidbits- whats in your natural hair toolkit right now? Once a week, I cleanse my hair with a no sulfate shampoo, deep condition with a variety of mixed products (I love mixing ingredients), and use a moisturizing leave-in. I wear my hair in a smoothed back bun most of the time as a protective style. And moisturize daily (very crucial). My toolkit consist of satin scarves, detangling combs, and my homemade daily moisturizer.

9. Any stylists you use that do a bombtastic job and want to promote? Their name, and where can we find them? I have not visited a natural hair stylist yet but I do know some wonderful stylists – Tramaine (Sunshine) Webster, Georgette Whaley (Soul Sister), Treshina Johnson (all from Houston, Texas) and Tra’ Neal (San Antonio, TX).

10. And where can we find you? Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Email, Website
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-Girls-with-Curls/116332871753745
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TrenditionalD

No comments:

Post a Comment