Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bentonite Clay


I got my bentonite clay today! YAY! I love Granery Street, the natural store- they have all kinds of wonderful vitamins, minerals, essential oils, every organic, natural product EVER- and with little mark up! I originally got it for my face, but after speaking to the man at Jack's in Longview, he said I could take it internally. Jack's charges 20 bucks for this same product I got at the Granery for less than $5.50!! I was concerned to use a hair mask because of the drawing agent that Bentonite is but I'm going to go for the gusto next wash. Thanks to my sister in curls telling me to check out youtube videos, I came across Black Onyx. Her videos are really great. The first one she was talking way too fast, but the information was insightful. The ones I posted are after her tutorials on making the hair and skin masks.



I did more youtube research, if you can call it that, and AFTER being creeped out by something called mucoid plague, I'm nervous to try the bentonite internally. BUT, I'm in the midst of actually looking at more info about it now.

In the meantime, because my face is constantly breaking out due to my ever increasing stress level, something has to give with these cheetah spots I have on my face. I had a good friend the other night look at my pix on facebook, and I was mortified because he hadn't seen me in a couple years, and the first thing he asked me was what was up with the acne on my face... I used to never break out like this... even when I was bearing C and my body was rejecting everything about him- especially in my face. My mom is such a good mommy, for Christmas, she got me a gift pack of Neutrogena Stress facial stuff.

A confession- I haven't washed my face with soap in ten or more years... and with few breakouts, scars, dark marks, etc. This is tripping me out because my face won't stop breaking out!!! So, today I washed my face for the first time in over a decade, literally.

But, I digress- the point I'm getting to: the tutorials in the videos didn't really indicate specifically- like step 1. WASH YOUR FACE... Step 2. Mix your product... Step 3. Apply, etc... you get the gist of where this is going. I don't know whether to wash my face first and then apply the clay mask or what.

I'm going to try and make a video I guess, washing my face with a very unnatural Neutrogena scrub and foam wash
and apply the clay mixture. I know somebody around here has some apple cider vinegar. My mamma used to give that to me during my 9 months to help lower my blood pressure- it didn't work, and tasted disgusting!


Oh, by the way. To cover my cheetah spots, I've been using Cover Girl True Blend... That junk can go on just as pale as the day is long, but two minutes or less, and the color is blended into my skin tone. I mixed a powder and a liquid with some pure maleleuca oil to possibly treat my acne while wearing the makeup... it was an effort. I'll see how it works, but the makeup blends great, and I love it. It's not thick and doesn't rub off easily on my clothes or on my hands.
UGH! For the first time, I actually have to care for my face. I liked being afforded a carefree-ness about my face... My hair was enough.




With this post being scatterbrained about Bentonite, look for a more concise, succinct video in the next few... days... weeks... um... yeah... about my first trial with the facial mask. I might even do one for the internal cleanse, because I probably will give that a go'fer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment