Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We Are Praying for you Uncle Bert

Uncle Bert on the left. Love you Unc
My Uncle Bert... I vividly remember riding back from Houston to Longview with my daddy and Uncle Bert in this truck... we all sat in the front seat because it was one of those old timey trucks that didn't have all that fancy stuff, especially two rows of seats. I sat in the middle the entire 3 1/2 hour drive from Houston on home. As Daddy and Uncle Bert told stories of whatever hilarious, wise, tall tales they were telling, we drove through all the towns between... Houston, Splendora, Livingston, Corrigan, Diboll... and we came to a town named BURKE. Uncle Bert began explaining to me how that was very much like his name, except it was spelled with a ERT instead of an URKE... That was so significant because as a child, I didn't have very much experience with my father's side of the family. It wasn't until my oldest brother, Bubba, was murdered in October 2009 that I really began to get to know my father, and the "other" side of the family. BUT, even between those times where communication lagged, Uncle Bert was still always my favorite uncle and in that little town, that even to this day that I drive through, when i see that sign that says BURKE, population.... so and so... I think of my uncle. (He actually had me confused for YEARS because I didn't know what the hayle he was talking about replace the urke with an ert- I mean years... as in last year, 2010 did I get it.)!

Always debonair
Uncle Bert was wild! Much like my spirit... but I was tame in comparison to those Sanders boys Just this past new years, we celebrated C's bday, and we all were out to Daddy's by the fire. He was telling us some hilarious stories!!!! I wonder if he had a chance to get that brand new leather jacket patched between then and now. (Inside story of snowballs, women, a chicken wire fence, and a brand new patch leather coat). Right now, I pray that Uncle Bert is making God laugh as surgeons are working on repairing the tear in his aortic valve. He had been taken to the hospital on Saturday because he was found in his home paralyzed on one side of his body and non verbally responding. Since then, he's been living on hospital food with a change of address of Mother Francis hospital. Today, my daddy let me know Uncle Bert was rushed into emergency surgery for a tear in his aorta. Around 1pm he went into surgery. I asked if I could do anything, and Daddy's reply was: "Just pray for your Uncle Bert." After teaching the remaining few periods, & getting a phone call from C's school letting me know he was hitting teachers and slapping little girls on their derrière, I had a headache the size of Houston, but I came home and cooked my chicken stew. C wanted to know how Uncle Bert was doing, so we called Dadd-O (my dad), and all I can hear Daddy say was "It doesn't look good." I went into chicken head mode... I ran off the internet, as best as you can "run off the internet," and began preparing to make way to move closer to family like a chicken with it's head cut off. I slowed down after doing the dishes, clothes, dealing with C's bedtime issues, and talking to my girlfriend. I began texting family and friends to pray for Uncle Bert. I posted a prayer on Facebook:

Lord, God almighty, hear the corporate prayers said over your son Bert Wayne that he may find comfort in you in this exact moment! Step inside of his room Lord, let your spirit fall fresh upon every1 involved in his care. Lord, hear us, as the prayers of the righteous avail much. Be a balm in Tyler TX! In Jesus name, Amen!
Forever in that hat! 
I am now asking anyone who reads this blog, who reads this post, and believes in the mighty hand of Jesus working a miracle to either leave a prayer or say a prayer on behalf of my uncle as he is fighting for his life. The tear in his valve has been repaired, but the doctors cannot stop the bleeding nor can they end the leaking.  Please, Lord God, in all your holiness, and in your magnificence, step in, hold my uncle's heart in your hands, and heal him by your stripes. In our prayers Lord, hear our humble cries. Fall fresh upon Uncle Bert Wayne Lord. Allow him another day to do your work Jesus. We continue to pray for you to work a miracle.




MY DADDY JUST LET ME KNOW, GOD IS A HEALER! MY UNCLE IS IN ICU!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!
Bert is out of surgery in icu hes got a long way to go but God is in the blessing bizness
Please keep praying please, because it ain't over!

1 comment:

  1. My brother is a fighter and God aint through with him yet.asr4r

    ReplyDelete