Sunday, December 12, 2010

5 more days UNTIL 15 DAYS OFF!!!! and I'm feelin kinda kinky... with my hair that is.

I'm sitting here debating to complete this blog post or not, while I have a load of laundry waiting to meet the soap and water and twist and turn itself to cleanliness and I have a sink full of dishes that are not going to place themselves in the dishwasher.

Moist curls
My uuber cost cutting Christmas tree is put together and half way decorated. I have my minimal thing going right now. Garland, lights, 6 silver jingle bells. Mamma treated me and Big C to Christmas decorations when she came down. Her visit was great. She left with shea butter and vitamin e oil for her hair, she went NATURAL!!! *cheering* She cut off the perm, and was complaining about what we all do- SHRINKAGE! So, she wants to twist it, and wanted to know what to use... YEAH fellow blogger chicas and newfound naturalista friends, I was able to help her find a simple solution and she is going to make her some compound cream to twist her hair.



For moisture, I have been using my Taliah Waajid Protective Mist, several drops of Africa's Best Olive and Clove Oil and some Taliah Curl Lotion (that's really a mousse). Works like a charm for my hair: super soft, major body, and moisture that keeps through the day. ALSO, the SMELL IS ORGASMIC!!! (I love good smells!!)





A digression: FOR MORE INFO ON MY STYLIST AND COLORIST, CHECK OUT SUNSHINE AT NATURALLY BORN HERE IN HOUSTON. 713-384-1642; 9000 South West Freeway Houston, Texas. She is a natural and has hair styles for locs for days. She is the best! Locs, Kinky Twist, Starter Locs, Braids, Twist and She also styles Sista Locs. She rocked out my 'frohawk style by braiding up my sides and two strand twisting the rest for Thanksgiving and the Nzuri hair show, and I've been playing with different styles like french rolls, twist out to the side, or big twists up the back since. she got frisky and fought the good fight with my hair & won when she pinned it in a style that took 5 minutes, FIVE MINUTES! and lasted a whole entire 8 days!!!!!!


AND WE'RE BACK: I met Toya from Creativation at the Nappiology expo in Dallas, but I couldn't afford to buy her whipped shea butter, BUT thank God for Christmas stipends because now I CAN! She has wonderful "flavors" like exotic orange and peaceful sand and vanilla gem- WHICH IS WHAT I'M GETTING, and I'm looking forward to mixing it with my clove oil and the other mosturizers to see what it does with my hair. For more info check out Toya's website: http://www.creativationisme.com/ or http://unitycollections.com/pure-unrefined-shea-butter-p-158.html

No comments:

Post a Comment