Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Nightly Hair Wrap-Up

So, since I'm not woven, I'm not rockin a twisted up-do, or protective style, and I'm whippin' my free-flowing  locks in the wind, I have to protect it from my tumultuous sleeping habits. My mom taught me this when I went natural in college. She would have me section manageable portions of hair, and braid them. I didn't feel like braiding, and honestly it's the same effect. I took parts of my hair, sectioned it off, dipped enough shea butter to coat my hair LIGHTLY enough to moisturize it through the night and not weigh it down or clog my hair follicles, take the parts of sectioned off hair and two strand twist. Some people will do this in a more organized fashion in their head, I'm not one of those people.

I look very much like Buckwheat, but my hair is protected through the night to preserve the curl, and moisture.



I posted on Facebook that I wish I had smell o'facebook because this smells sooooo good! I am going to try this on my hands and feet, slather my tootsies in this wonderfully smelling awesome creamy goodness and wrap them up in some nice socks overnight. I bet my stuff will be super soft and sensuously delicious smelling by next morning. mmmm. num yummy. I can't get enough of my shea butter!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great recipe and I cannot wait to try it out. Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. k, u r so quite welcome! let me know how it works out on your hair!

    ReplyDelete