Monday, December 27, 2010

Alicia Keys ft. Eve- Speechless

Swizz Beats puts out another great Monster Monday joint. It's taking me back a couple years when I would go up in the Chinatown Express from DC or Boston to BK. I shake my head because there is an unmistakable familiarity with the sound of certain East Coast joints, that distinctive beat, the chords, that East Coast lover's vibe... You only recognize it if you've had it. As I play this on repeat, I still feel every bit of my late night travels, the empty, cold, buses; the lights shining off the factories lining the horizon, the empty black highways, and bright yellow lines, the tollways, the silent strangers, my envy of other people with mp3 players, and me only with my thoughts, the lonely cab ride down the quiet streets of Flatbush, Eastern Parkway, Church Ave, Linden... the confusion I had in my heart, and the mistakes in love I made during those YEARS of going back and forth. The beat of my heart matches the beat of the baseline, and my heart begins to fill with tears with a pressure only my eyes can relieve. It doesn't help that Speechless has the beat of Usher & Jadakiss Throwback, I used to play on repeat over and over and over again back in the day. I have such a torrid love affair with Brooklyn, (if it's understandable, that it's the Big to my crazy internal Sex and the City Carrie/Sam/Charlotte/Miranda mashup) the remnants of my love, my crazy love situations are all that's left of me and BK, and it's all played out in my mental jukebox. This is one of those songs I'll be playing on repeat for the next few hours... reminiscing.






Alicia Keys ft. Eve- Speechless
DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment