Saturday, December 18, 2010

INTRODUCING: Neo Soul Redux- Randomness on Repeat, Year End Review, part 1

I have a bout of writer's block in part because I'm tired and I am craving something sweet to eat desperately! AHK!!!!

With 2 weeks exactly til the start of next year (and my punkie poo's bday) I'm feebly attempting to chronicle all the music I had in rotation on repeat this year. I was finally able to put together my first list.

This year was an interesting one to say the least... traveling back and forth hither and yon, adventures galore, in love and out of love, plenty of alone time, and nothing really exciting happening as my life is actually quite boring and very quiet. Sooooooo.... on my many adventures, even if just to the store, I had a playlist to accompany. At first, I was rockin out to the burned CD mixtape joints because I abhor the radio, then I FINALLY got an mp3! Don't laugh at me, I'm always late to trends- I'm sooo not the trend follower- more like the beat my own path kinda against- the- grain person.


But anyway... artists I simply liked, I got to know better and fell in LOVE... case in point: CEE-LO- Stray Bullets Mix Tape... OMG! I can't listen to that album without feeling a certain way, and even had SuperWoman Theme Song as my ringtone most of the year.

Went to a few concerts this year, more than I had in my entire life: Jill Scott, Maxwell, Ledisi. Ledisi rocked the Arena in her 5" platform fire engine red pumps, all while singing her gospeldeliciousness with crazy vocals! I remember like it was last night! Maxwell and Jill... *swoon* that's all I can say about that.

All in all, I let music touch my soul this year, filter its way through my dermis, all the way past my marrow, on through my veins, down into the depths of my soul. Music defined me this year, it was a living, breathing, talking, singing, rhythmic representation of my life... from songs like Alicia Keys ft. Beyonce- put it in a love song, to Paul Jones I won't complain; Melanie Fiona - Ay YoKirk Franklin's Blessing in the Storm to Chris Brown Dueces... Eminem's Love the Way you Lie to Trey Songz We can't be Friends. Kem Why Would You Stay w/ LyricsDrake, Miss Me; Different Times - Raphael Saadiq F. Goapele/Ledisi
had significant impact on what you see before you now...


The goofy, strange, eclectic, outright misunderstood, neosoulhippyesque, anomelodious playlist is here. 



INTRODUCING: 
Neo Soul Redux- Randomness on Repeat, Year End Review, part 1.



Track List:
1. The Great I Am- Earnest Pugh

2. Set Me Free- Myron Butler
3. The Best in Me- Marvin Sapp
4. Make Me Over- Tonex
5. He Wants it All- Forever Jones
6. Great is Your Mercy- Donnie McClurkin
7. He's Alive- DeAndre Patterson
8. Revealed- Myron Butler and Levi
9. Restored- J. Moss
10. Saved By Grace- Israel Houghton
11. They That Wait- Fred Hammond
12. Bettah- Jonathan Nelson
13. There is a King in You- Donald Lawrence
14. Bless Me (Prayer of Jabez)- Donald Lawrence
15. Wait on the Lord- Donnie McClurkin
16. Get Ready- Forever Jones
17. Awesome God- Windsor Village

No comments:

Post a Comment