Monday, December 13, 2010

My oh so esoteric (and quite Anomelodious) Christmas wish list

My new fav movie






Shaundra at Dinjii Boutique, a quaint misses boutique in Northwest Houston, is holding my last coveted Christmas gift to myself, and tomorrow will send a pic of the glorious piece of art I have been longing for since I saw it last week in the shop just so I can post here for you to see! I am so stricken with financial malpractice, I had to wait until this week to get my goodies. It's a lovely piece of artwork that I'm going to rock come New Year's Eve/ New Year's Night in prayerfully my new dress from the boutique as well! 
Check out my girl Kim rockin the dress at the Dinjii fashion show in November. Those were some bad "A" boots too! 
Shaundra, who much like myself, is a curvy girl, opened a boutique for women just like us, who typically didn't have success finding chic clothes through normal avenues that would fit our body types. She has created an awesome haven filled with blouses and accessories, handbags, and jewels that if I could... would have filled up my closet LAST FRIDAY NIGHT! 

“At Dinjii, I wanted to create a real boutique environment for every woman by carrying misses and plus-sizes” says owner, Webb.  “Many times when I would visit boutiques, I knew they didn’t carry my size, so all I would come out with would be a piece of jewelry or handbag. I want to dispel that myth that the concept of ‘boutiques’ is just for women who are a size 0 or size 8.”  At Dinjii every woman gets to experience being at a boutique. Dinjii’s philosophy is to make sure each client has a complete look that is accommodating to their shape and style, offering personal styling to each and every client that walks through the doors for FREE.  Webb specializes in knowing what works for different body types and skin tones."


After meeting by happenstance at a model call I would have never expected to be called for, Shaundra asked me to rip the runway for her at the hair show. From the time I put on her outfit, and then when I saw that "little black dress" Kim had on, I KNEW IT WAS ON!!!! 

Just featured in the Northwest Community Impact Newspaper's December Holiday Gift Giving Guide, her handbag was one of the statement pieces! Be sure to check out the article: http://impactnews.com/northwest-houston/334-guides/10854-holiday-gift-guide Congrats Shaundra!
Asymmetrical T w/my name ALL over it!


Shaundra at Dinjii

She has the cutest asymmetrical black and white piece that I would have snatched "immejiately" had my personal funds been readily available to rock out with a pair of black jeggins and some fierce, but comfortable, ankle boots.  Each piece in her store is actually quite affordable, which is as important to me as the fashions itself because it's not THAT easy to find reasonable prices on great clothes for "big girls," and I'm a mommy and pet owner, so I usually come last on the list of things to buy. I know one thing, I haven't bought a single piece of clothing since before August. I'm down 30 pounds, and for Christmas, I'm going to rock the scene in some Dinjii fashions! 
New December Arrival

Handmade Couture T's

For more information on fashions at Dinjii Boutique, call 713-849-9189 or stop by Woodwind Square, 8211 Windfern, Houston, TX 77040. 

No comments:

Post a Comment